Transform Powerbuilder applications into .NET or Java applications.
- Time, effort and cost saving when compared to full rewrite or traditional automatic approaches;
- Business risk minimization, by preserving business logic;
- Fully capture the semantics of the specific language constructs, like DataWindows, Windows, User Objects, etc.
- Fully customizable and adaptable processes;
- Uniform and consistent results;
- Generated code complies with industry best practices.
Modernization projects are always unique because of their peculiarities:
- Architectural patterns involved (original and target);
- Specific code patterns in the source code;
- Used Powerbuilder APIs;
- Standards for coding the target system;
... but they all require flexible and automated processes!
- Contrary to typical conversion methods that try to map programming language constructs between languages, Morphis Tech Transformer relies on a Model Rectification and Transformation approach where the code structures are molded to a completely new architecture.
- The final code that is generated by the tools is organized in such a way that facilitates the promotion to a multi-tiered architecture based on services.
- The Powerbuilder concepts are transformed into Model-View-Controller (MVC) components.
- The migration works at the semantic level by recognizing Powerbuilder models and code patterns and converting them into the corresponding ones in the target language and APIs.
- Whenever possible the original code micro-structure and functionality of procedures, functions and events is preserved.
Morphis Tech's Transformation is a highly customizable platform, allowing for the incorporation of specific client requirements on the transformation process:
- Dead code removal;
- Duplicated code removal;
- Naming policies;
- Layout restructuring;
Using Morphis Tech toolset allow us to intervene at all stages of the transformation process. Before, during or after.
- It supports application development according to the MVC / MVVM standard.
- It promotes the complete separation between presentation layer and business logic layer.
- It has a set of rich functionalities targeted to CRUD applications which reduces the programming needs to business rules and interaction logic.
- Single programming language (Java or .NET C#) both for UI interaction rules and business rules.